Furniture – it’s definitely a great task to be done, weather it’s for a new home or just for enhancing the interiors of an old one.
It takes a lot of time to decide which type of furniture and accessories will suit which corner of the room or house, so it is always better to select those furniture items that you can accommodate in any room of your house.
Unicane makes it simpler for you with its varied furniture numbers crafted of rattan, cane and wood. Just read on to know how to select versatile furnishings for your home.
Here’s how you can do it:
1. It is always advised to select furniture and accessories on a small scale, unless you have a large home. They’ll fit into most of the spaces as you move them around in your home and are easier to move.
2. Storage is in short in most of the homes. Select furniture pieces like chest drawers and armoires that offer storing or hanging space. These can be used in a bedroom, living room, foyer, mudroom, and many other areas that need something to be stored beautifully.
3. When furnishing a living room or family room, try out choosing 2 loveseats rather than going for one huge sofa. Or, simply opt rattan and wicker sofa set if you wish to have one as it is easier to move than those densely packed sofas. On the other hand Loveseats can be used forming a corner seating area, can be put opposite to each other to create a conversation spot, or simply put them separately in different rooms of your home – as per what your area demands.
4. Try out selecting natural or neutral colored furniture such as tan, camel, navy, dark green, or black. This color will be your “anchor” color. Unicane holds an amazing variety of colored furniture items that will definitely enhance your home decor.
5. Gather a collection of pillows, fabrics, and beautiful accessories to harmonize with your anchor color. You can checkout various Indonesian decor items at Unicane as well. With this, you’ll be able to change the look with seasons, giving your furniture a new, fresh look throughout the year. On a red loveseat for example, you might choose green or yellow floral pillows for summer and black or white pillows for winters.
6. Choose a color scheme according to your taste and stick to it. Start with white or your anchor color and select fabrics and accessories complimenting that color scheme. If you carry the colors throughout your home, you’ll be able to move furniture and accessories from room to room. They’ll look great wherever you place them.
7. Don’t be afraid for doing some experiments! Find what works best for the room in present situation. If you’ve selected items with versatility in mind, you’ll end up with an arrangement that’s just right!
8. Try out using slipcovers to change look of sofas and chairs without making big investment.
9. Be creative with tables. Choose interesting bases, tables with storage, or select plate glass for top.
10. Buy lamps, side chairs, vases and pillows in pairs. They’ll add symmetry and continuity to a room. As you move, they’ll also offer option of using each piece in separate room if necessary.
Hope you find these suggestions good for your home and will provide a versatile look. Keep on tracking Unicane Blog for more informative articles on furniture and latest trends.